Prevent Drunk Driving Accidents: Calling an experienced personal Injury attorney in Denver will ensure your rights are protected. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you understand the facts of your case and help you to determine your legal options. They can also help you obtain financial compensation for your injuries.
Hopefully, you won’t ever need one of these legal professionals. You can help prevent drunk driving accidents by getting behind the wheel. How is this possible? We’ll be looking at some of the ways you can avoid drunk driving accidents. Designating a sober driver, encouraging friends and family members to make intelligent decisions and not getting behind the wheel after a few drinks can all help prevent drunk driving.
What’s Drunk Driving?
Although it is against the law to drive after having consumed alcohol, every driver should be aware of the legal definition of drunk driving. Although laws may vary from one state to the next, driving under the Influence (DUI), in the United States, is defined as operating any vehicle with a blood alcohol level (BAC) greater than 0.08.
Although 0.08 BAC may be required to be charged with DUI, it doesn’t mean that you can drive with a lower BAC. Even if you have had one alcoholic drink, it can affect your ability to drive safely. Alcohol can affect your reaction time, slow down your thinking speed, and impair your ability think quickly and rationally. It can also limit your ability to think critically within a short time frame. You can drive safely if you drink enough alcohol, but it will also increase your chances of getting into an accident.
How to Prevent Drunk Driving Accidents
There are simple ways to prevent drunk driving accidents. You cannot control the driving habits of other drivers but you can take steps to avoid these accidents.
These are some tips to help prevent drunk driving accidents
- Designate one sober driver – This is the easiest and most effective way to avoid drunk driving accidents. Before you go out on the evening, make sure that one person is sober. We know beforehand if we will be drinking at an event. So be smart and ensure that you have someone who can drive sober. This is a great way to care for your loved ones and friends. As a way to show your friendship and safety, you can take turns as the sober driver if you have a group.
- Ridesharing apps – With the latest technology on our smartphones it’s now easier than ever to drive safely under the influence. Our “shared economy” allows anyone to share goods or services. Even a ride home safely and soberly. Lyft and Uber have made it simple and affordable to ride home using rideshare services.
- Public transportation If you live in a large or mid-sized city, you probably have access to some form of public transportation. Public transportation, whether it’s a rideshare system, a bus system or light rail, is an affordable and safe way to return home after a night out. Do your research before you go out to find out if there are any public transportation routes that can be used to get to your destination or to your home. Doing a little research now can have a big impact on your safety later.
- Know your personal limits. Even if you’re not driving that evening, it is smart to know your limits with alcohol. If you drink too much or too fast, you might make a bad decision and drive yourself home. You won’t be at risk if you are smart and responsible about how much you drink.
- Make smart decisions for your family. Why not make safe driving habits at your home with the people you love? One of the best ways to limit drunk driving accidents is to set a good example. Your actions have an impact on your family, friends and all others, even though you may not realize it.
Conclusion – How to Prevent Drunk Driving Accidents
It doesn’t matter what situation it may be, driving under the influence is dangerous. Even if you have only had one or two drinks, a DUI can cost you thousands of dollars and put your career in jeopardy. This is not the worst scenario. Driving drunk can slow down your ability to react and affect your decision-making and critical thinking. All of this increases your risk of being in an accident with a drunk driver.
Always have a designated driver if you are going out to drink alcohol. It’s now easier than ever (and often more affordable) to avoid this grave mistake with rideshare services like Lyft or Uber. You should seek out a local drunk driving accident lawyer. These professionals will help you understand your rights and determine if your case is worthy of financial compensation.
Leave a Reply