Spam calls are now commonplace in the 21st century. Everybody is receiving scam calls at least five days a week, including me. These calls often start with 855 and the 855 area code, location and time zone are not tied to any city or place. Are you curious about area code 855 This area code is often used to scam people using their phones. Continue reading to learn more about the 855 area code.
1. What is an Area Code?
An area code is an number that is assigned to a large area. It is part of a phone number that is determined by which number received the call. This usually appears just after access and country codes. It is not necessary to use an area code if you call someone who lives in the same region as you. In the United States, for example, an area code is a three-digit number which comes before the telephone number of someone who has seven digits.
While the local number provides information about a particular town or neighborhood, an code provides details about an entire county and a greater portion of a city. What is the area code 855? You can find out more by reading the following segments. (See What does Address Line 2 mean?
2. What is Area Code 855?
An area code is a number that can be used to identify specific areas or cities. The unique thing about the area code 855, is that it doesn’t have a specific area. Instead, area code 855 is a free service code that’s available in the United States, Canada and other countries. It can sometimes be used to scam people.
You would not be able find the exact time and location of the caller by using the area code 855. Federal Communication Commission also records several other area codes: 800, 833 and 844, 866, 787, 877, 888, and 888. (See What City uses AreaAcode 800 in the United States?
3. These Codes are used to hide their exact location and time zone.
These area codes can be purchased by individuals, companies, establishments, or corporations to make customer care calls easy. These area codes allow you to call within the country, and sometimes also from overseas.
On 29 July 2009, the area code 855 went into operation. individuals and companies buy area code 855 because long-distance calling fees are prohibitive. The Federal Communication Commission monitors the area code 855 purchase. (See Why people hate voice mails?
4. How do I get a toll-free number?
It is a good idea to find out what area code 855 is so your customers can contact you from far away. FCC, or Federal Communication Commission, regulates toll-free numbers. Toll-free numbers are usually filtered by the responsible organization that auctions them. These service providers make it simple and affordable to purchase toll free numbers. Why are smartphones bad for society?
5. Is the 855 Area Code a scam?
Scammers are also increasing in number due to digital growth. To lure victims into their traps, scammers all over the globe pose as businesspeople and bankers to obtain personal information.
Yes, it is a scam. It is important to know what area code 855 is and to take precautions regarding calls from area code 855. It is best to verify the legitimacy of these scam calls by checking the contact information to avoid being victimized. (See Is Qnet scam).
6. How do you identify a scam call?
Although it can be difficult to determine the exact location of a call from 855 area code, it doesn’t have to be tied to any particular area. However, it is possible to verify the legitimacy of the caller. Here are some ways to determine if the call is genuine.
- It is easy to verify that the call is legitimate and not spam by simply going Google it. This idea may sound so simple, but it’s one of the best ways companies can use toll-free areas codes and their customer service contact number on their websites. People can get in touch with them even though the name is generic. (See What are the chances of people falling for scams?
- To verify the contact information of the company, you can also opt to use a phonebook or their online edition.
- Another way to verify the legitimacy of a caller is to search the Somos database which contains the names and numbers of the administrators of the toll free area codes. The database won’t reveal the names and numbers of the people who own the toll-free area code numbers. However, privacy concerns mean that the database will provide the name and number of the responsible entity which provided the 855 area code.
- If the area codes are not listed in the database, you will know that you have been scammed or spammed.
Leave a Reply